Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Where Kids Come From

Today in class one of the little boys called me Mrs.Karen. I corrected him to tell him that I am Miss Karen, because I am not married. Some girls in the class overheard my response. This is what I started by mentioning my relationship status:

Alexandra: You aren't married? My mom and dad aren't married either.
Me: Oh ok. :)
Miriam leans into me as if she was going to tell me a secret and says: Alexandra's parents did get married, she just doesn't know it.
Me: How do you know that?
Miriam: If her parents weren't married then she wouldn't be alive!
I chuckled at her remark.
Miriam: No, no! I mean she wouldn't be here. I mean, I mean they cant have her, they wouldn't be able to have her.

According to this 6 year old, people can only have children when they are married. It makes me wonder if she has talked to her parents about this subject. Were they honest? Then again, I appreciated the conversation that I had with this little girl. It brought a smile to my face.

This talk between Miriam and I was definitely a lesson from life as we learn it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh kids.. gotta love them! She probably put mommy and daddy together like her parents, or her parents did tell her that you had to be married to have children and she took it to the extreme. :) too funny though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now i know what people meant when they said that I was a reflexion of my parents.

    ReplyDelete